When will this happen?
33 Sunda in Ordinary Time
Common questions. We ask them at all times. We need an answer from the prophets,
today reading in the Old Testament Malachi 3:19-20a. We need an answer from
Jesus, today Gospel Luke 21:5-19. We need an answer Jesus from the Apostles,
2 Thessalonians 3:7-12. We need an answer today from the church.
The questions are: Why the wicked seem prospered while the righteous mourn?
What we are waiting for, we try to be good, righteous, why should we suffer?
Why we hear always about wars, injustice and violence, and when it will stop?
When God will intervene when things are going so bad? Are we at the end of
times, the end of the world?
The word of God from the Old to the New Testament give the same answer:
1) The day is coming (but we cannot have a precise date for it) when all
the proud and all evildoers will be stubble. Malachi
2) But for you who fear my name, there will arise the sun of justice with
its healing rays. Malachi
3) When you hear of wars and insurrections do not be terrified. Gospel
4) I will give you wisdom in speaking that all your adversaries will be powerless
to resist or refute. Gospel
5) Not one hair on your head will be destroyed. Gospel
6) By your perseverance you will secure your lives. Gospel
7) You know how one must imitate us. 2 Thessalonians
8) Night and day we worked. 2 Thessalonians
The church will find the answer through these Words of God.
1) God will not fail the people who believe in him. Not even persecution
or death defeated the good people who shined as saints during hard times
2) God proved through history that with the perseverance of these good people
He had won in our world despite what the appearance for some time that evil
3) Continuing to work for righteousness and stand firm in your faith will
bring to you and to the people around you the peace to you heart that only
God can give, and not the world.
4) To think as a good Christian is to make the difference in this world.
It is to help building the kingdom of love, the real kingdom of God.
5) So refusing to accept to do evil, or accept violence as a mean to put
down the evil, is using the same evil ways that the evil doers use and forget
that Jesus won the evils world and the evils of the world with nonviolence.
When this will happen?
When you will understand that you are called only to love and love should
be the law of the world.
When you believe that nothing not even death can destroy love.
When you love and only love, you reach God kingdom: the Kingdom of LOVE.