Dear Brothers and sisters:
If we do not do something NOW, when we will do something that can really
I have some suggestions, perhaps you have others, PLEASE write back and let us do something.
a) The USA is not helping Israel to have security in giving it a green
light to do what ever in the Occupied Territories.
b) Violence will always breed violence
c) Palestinians and Israelis are suffering from Sharon and Bush WRONG DEALING with the situation on the ground
d) Later or sooner the Palestinians will have their RIGHTS RECOGNIZED and will have their own State. It is better to have it sooner than later, this will give security and peace for Israel: THE END OF THE OCCUPATION.
A lot of Muslim and Jewish religious Leaders will do it with us if we agree to do all or some of these a suggestions.
1) We can make a delegation of Cardinals, Archbishops, Bishops, Bishops, Pastors, preachers, religious brothers and sisters, congregations, groups, and go to the Holy Land and stand with the Head Churches of the Holy Land so as to help the Palestinian Muslims and Christians.
2) We can make an IMMEDIATE delegation as above to meet with President Bush and refuse to leave the While House before President Bush, put pressure on Israel to abide by the UN RESOLUTIONS and stop the killings.
3) We can also have a hunger strike in front of the While House, or a demonstration. IT IS TIME TO TELL the president that represents our US Country that we do not agree in CONSCIENCE WITH WHAT IT IS HAPPENING.
IN FACT: There is wanton indiscriminate killings. Very many people are
deprived of water, electricity, food supplies and basic medical needs.
Many of our religious institutions (Muslim and Christian) have been invaded
4) We can do the Hunger strike in front of the Israeli Embassy and in front of every Israeli Consulate and UN agencies ....
5) We can go to DEHESHEH REFUGEE CAMP that the Pope visited on March
22, 2000 and promised them to help them.
We need to make form this promise a REALITY.
5) We can call for a ONE DAY or MORE NATION WIDE STRIKE and GIVE OUR US Administration that what they are doing: IS NOT ON OUR NAME
Please Share and DO IMMEDIATELY SOMETHING.
OUR RELIGIOUS CONSCIENCE DO NOT ACCEPT INJUSTICES AND CRIMES.
The Head of Christian Churches in Jerusalem have called Israel and President BUSH and PRESENTED THEIR MEDIATION, will we help them and STAND WITH JUSTICE, PEACE AND TRUTH?
Father Labib Kobti
* * "When you start knocking down buildings with bulldozers, don't expect people not to respond to this kind of activity. When you start announcing more settlement activity, this does not create conditions that would cause the other be less responsive or less violent." Colin Powell, July 15, 2001
* * Palestinians want peace with ISRAEL as a STATE and not with ISRAEL as an OCCUPATION.
* * "We have only to go to Lebanon ...to witness firsthand the intense hatred among many people for the United States, because we bombed and shelled and unmercifully killed totally innocent villagers, women and children and farmers and housewives, in those villages around Beirut...as a result, we have become a kind of Satan in the minds of those who are deeply resentful. That is what precipitated the taking of hostages and that is what has precipitated some terrorist attacks" Jimmy Carter, N Y Times, 3/26/1989
* * "Jimmy Carter took Bush to task for not pressuring Israel to withdraw from Gaza Strip, not opposing settlement activity" Assted Press 25 July 01
* *"Thus says the Lord God of Israel: You shed blood, yet you would keep possession on the land? You rely on your sword, you do abominable things...yet you would keep possession of the land?... Prophet EZEKIEL 33:25-28
* * "And Jesus said: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you ... Luke 6:27-38)
* * The Patriarchs of Jerusalem have affirmed that “it is the right and the duty of an occupied people to struggle against injustice in order to gain their freedom.” At the same time, they also asserted that “nonviolent means remain stronger and more
efficient.” (Patriarchs, Nov. 2000).